Castle Bromwich Parish Council & Arden Hall
News and updates are posted at the bottom of this page.
If anyone needs help and support, please contact the parish council or have a look at the wealth of information in the news and updates sections.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, the Parish Council is not able to hold face-to-face community meetings. Instead a new law has been passed to allow councils to meet by remote, online methods. The usual meeting pattern was disrupted whilst councillors got to grips with the technology but we are now back on track to hold monthly council and committee meetings, albeit online. These will take place online until such time as we can meet again face-to-face. It is important that members of the public know they are invited to join the online meetings and can do so by contacting the parish council office to ask for the meeting password.
The schedule of meetings, agendas and minutes can be found via the ‘Your Parish Council’ ‘meetings’ tab.
Office staff are mainly working from home so the best form of communication is by email, but the council’s phone lines are monitored from time to time for messages.
The Parish Council’s open spaces continue to be open for limited recreational purposes and we ask everyone using them to respect the new social etiquette:
- Visit parks for daily exercise.
- Observe social distancing, staying at least 2 metres apart from other people.
- Use all areas of the park that remain open, not just the paths, to maintain an appropriate distance from others.
- Keep your dog on a lead at all times to ensure you can safely keep 2 metres away from others.
- Avoid touching surfaces (such as gates or hand-rails) and your mouth and face.
- Do not visit a park if you have any symptoms – fever, coughs, shortness of breath.
- Do not play team sports or take part in any social activities (e.g. picnics, playdates etc.) unless with members of your own household.
- Do not use the park if it is crowded; if you cannot safely stay at a distance from others then consider exercising in quieter, less-used streets.
- Do not use the play equipment or outdoor gym equipment.
STAY ALERT, CONTROL THE VIRUS, SAVE LIVES
Arden Hall, the Pavilion and Theatre Workshop remain closed and will re-open when restrictions are lifted.
Castle Bromwich is a large village situated in the northern part of the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull in the English county of West Midlands. The parish has approximately 12000 residents of whom about 9000 are adults eligible to vote. It is well served by public transport, churches and schools catering for all age groups and its location provides easy access to major road routes.
On this site you should find lots of information about the Council, the Councillors and Council related work. The site also provides information on council run amenities such as Arden Hall including details of function room hire available to the public.
Whilst Arden Hall and the playing field's pavilion remain closed, the temporary restrictions on public access to all the parish council's open spaces are to be lifted from Wednesday 13th May. We trust all visitors will follow the new social etiquette for keeping safe...
Whether you're concerned about yourself or a loved one, these helplines and support groups can offer expert advice: Anxiety UK Charity providing support if you have been diagnosed with an anxiety condition. Phone: 03444 775 774 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 10pm;...
Are you a care worker living or working in Solihull? Solihull Council has set up a special fund to support you if you’re experiencing financial hardship during the Covid-19 crisis. Grants are being offered to workers providing care to people in their own homes or in a...
Wildlife Ways Update Issue 14 Wildlife Ways Update - Issue 14 Welcome to the Wildlife Ways Stay Connected bulletin, giving you all the latest news about this exciting £16.8 million programme. Take a walk around our Wildlife Ways We worked with Local Democracy Reporter...