There are five vacant seats on the Parish Council due to a combination of members being unable to attend meetings and recent resignations.
The vacancies are in each of the Bradford, Beechcroft and Whateley wards.
If you would like to be considered for co-option, then please see the application details here and get in touch. In summary you need to be:
• 18 years of age or over at the date of nomination;
• a Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of the Republic of Ireland or a citizen of another Member State of the European Community and at least one of the following 4 requirements:
– a local government elector within the parish; and/or
– have worked in the parish for the last 12 months; and/or
– have lived in the parish, or within three miles of it, for the last 12 months; and/or
– owned land/property in the parish area for the last 12 months.
You cannot stand if you are disqualified from being elected by reason of any disqualification set out in section 80 of the Local Government Act 1972 or section 79 of the Local Government Act 2000.
If you are keen to support your local community, are interested in how your community develops in these uncertain times, have time to devote to local improvements and are prepared to sit through meetings with fellow residents on at least one evening a month, then why not give it a go?